The road transport industry in Australia is a $40 billion industry, dominated by a number of major players. In recent times, a significant amount of merger and acquisition activity has occurred in the industry, driven by a hunt for economies of scale, the acquisition of customer contracts and a diversification of service offerings.
There are a number of factors that have a direct impact on the valuation of road transport companies, such as:
- The size of the road transport company;
- The nature of customer relationships held by the road transport company;
- The service offering of the road transport business;
- The quality and maintenance history of the road transport company’s fleet, and;
- The role of the owners in the day to day operation of the road transport business.
Expert Guide: Sale and Valuation of Road Transport Businesses
Based on our significant experience in working with road transport businesses, Quinn M&A has developed an Expert Guide on the Sale and Valuation of Road Transport Businesses. This guide is an invaluable resource, allowing road transport businesses to understand the current state of their industry, how road transport businesses are valued and what factors need to be considered when selling a road transport company.
Our Experience and Expertise
At Quinn M&A, we have significant experience in advising on the sale, merger, acquisition and valuation of road transport companies. Our advisors understand the industry, are acutely aware of the value drivers for the road transport industry, and have a track record of negotiating premium sale outcomes for shareholders of road transport companies.
Shareholders of road transport companies can trust Quinn M&A to provide expert advice in a range of areas, including:
- Business, company and shareholding valuations for road transport businesses;
- Advice to assist with the acquisition of road transport companies;
- Due diligence advice for road transport business acquisitions or sales;
- Full brokerage service for the sale of road transport businesses;
- Specialist taxation advice, and;
- Legal advice.
Clients and advisors who require assistance with undertaking the sale, merger, acquisition or valuation of a road transport business are encouraged to call us on 1300 784 667 to schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our Directors.